Pages - Menu

Sunday, August 10, 2014

20 Things I Love About Japan

I have been an ESL tutor for more than 3 years and I often hear from my students how places in Japan are so wonderful. They would usually mention interesting places to visit, food to eat or things to know about their country.

So I created a list of the things I love about Japan.

Check these photos out and you'll totally agree with me that there's so much to like about this country.

1. Harajuku
Harajuku is the center of Japanese youth culture and fashion. This is where you'll find cos-players and strangely cool people wearing outlandishly colorful clothes.
Harujuku

2. Hanami
One of the reasons why I want to go to Japan during spring is the Cherry Blossoms! Who wouldn't want to sit under the tree, drink some sake or beer and dream of something nice?
Hanami
3. Temples and Shrines
The places look so serene. You'll feel relaxed just by looking at the picture. No wonder a lot of people visit Japan for these.
Kinkakuji

Ginkakuji

4. Traditional Houses
There is something about traditional Japanese houses that draws me to them. I often imagine myself sitting in a corner of the house or at the front door. It makes me feel relaxed.
Traditional Japanese House
5. Horror Movies!
Who doesn't know about Japanese horror movies being scary? I love to watch them because they are really scary not like other lame horror movies.
Ringu

Ju-on



6. Utada Hikaru
She is a very lovely Japanese singer and I admire her voice a lot. Her song, first love, became famous in the Philippines before but I didn't know that it was her who sang the song.

7. Sukiyaki
When I first tried Sukiyaki, the first thing in my mind was, "What a strange taste it has!" But when I tasted it again, that's when I discovered the richness of the flavor and totally fell in love with it.
Sukiyaki
8. Nihongo
One of my wishes is to learn how to speak Japanese. I want to watch anime without glancing at the subtitles! And of course, I want to speak to my student in Japanese.
Hiragana
9. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
She is just sooo cute and she's my age! Her MVs are also weird and funny and that makes her unique.
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
10. Courtesies
It's funny but whenever I see people bowing I imagine something would follow (Samurai fighting! hahaha). It amuses me and at the same time it makes me think that people doing it are royalties.
Bowing
11. Cute kids
Who doesn't like cute kids anyway?
Mana Ashida

12. Parks in Japan
I really love nature and just seeing Japan's parks in pictures makes me feel relaxed.
Fuji-Hakune-Izu National Park
Setonaikai National Park


13. Meiji Chocolates
I love Japan's chocolates especially Meiji. There is a distinct taste in their chocolates that you can't find in others.
Meiji Chocolates


14. Shibuya Crossing
I don't know what is it about this area in Japan but I just want to stay at the center of this crossing and have an aerial shot. haha
Shibuya Crossing
15. Mt. Fuji
Climbing mountains had been my hobby when I was a kid. I just love the cold air touching my cheeks and the feeling that you're on top of the world.
Mt. Fuji
16. Tempura
My kind-of seafood! I just love shrimp and I'm glad I am not allergic to it.
Tempura

17. Fuji-Q Highland
I once saw a video of a group of Koreans riding the roller coaster in Fuji-Q Highland and from that moment, I told myself that I'd go to this place in the future. I don't know. Maybe there's something about being on top of the world. It makes you feel scared and at the same time ecstatic.
Fuji Q Highland


18. Traditional clothing
It is not just the design and print that I like about this clothing. Dressing a person with a kimono is a very strenuous job. I really admire people who wear kimono.


19. Kitkat Green Tea


20. Japanese Literature
You should read it yourself and you'll understand why some people, like me, love Japanese literature.




8 comments:

  1. This post is awesome. One of the places I'd want to visit someday is Japan because it's one of the fashion capitals of the world. So, I'd definitely check out Harajuku. I also want to see their Cherry Blossom and I've tried learning Japanese, some words and a little bit of Hiragana and Katakana. But I often forget because I don't have practice. I love watching anime too.
    Found you on Blogs ng Pinoy. Would you like to follow each other?

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you! I often hear about Harajuku from my students and I'm also very curious about the place. I also tried to learn Hiragana and Katakana but..my books were destroyed by the typhoon Haiyan. :(

      I just followed you. (I guess.) I'm not really familiar with all of this (I'm an amateur. haha) so it's good to have some blogger friends.

      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. You forgot Hello Kitty, but yeah this article makes me want to visit Japan more! Huhuhuhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being supportive! :D
      We'll visit Japan soon. ;)

      Delete
  3. I met actress who act hello kitty's voice last week. She is American. I also thought that the article could indicate me how foreigner see Japan. It's great. I think you can do a business in Japan. Come on to Japan.^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Richard! Thank you so much for reading my blog. There are actually a lot of things I love about Japan but I just listed the first 20 that came to my mind. I'd like to visit Japan soon. I'll think about the "business part". :)

      Delete
  4. Before the groceries finally distributed KitKat Green Tea widely here in Singapore. I was crazy about it. I spent $13 cab fare to get a 7.90 single pack. With all the expectations, I was totally disappointed. Never na ako bumili ulit hehehe you should try Brilliant Truffle, Japan made din the green tea and the truffle tastes waaaay better that KitKat! Ü Pagnapunta ako ng Japan, titikman ko everything greentea dun. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion Katherine! I've been addicted to anything green tea recently kaya I included the Kitkat Green tea. Sana makahanap ako nyang Brilliant Truffle dito sa Philippines. :)

      Delete